Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Mom

I just absolutely love my Mom!! What a wonderful person she is and I am truly blessed to have her as my Mother. Shelly and I have been going up to help her almost every Monday to help her out, but I think that she helps me out more than I help her. I love being around her, I love watching her play with my kids, I love learning how to can(can anyone believe I just said that?) But I do, it makes me so happy to go up there and hang out with her and Shelly. She is the most amazing person I know, the strongest person I know. Such an inspiration. Here she is going through chemo(again) and she made a bunch of quilts for a humanitarian project. Canning all of her vegetables for the year to come for her family. Making supper for another family in need. Cooking for my Dad's FHE group (25-50) people once a month. Taking care of her Mother who lives up the street. I could go on and on. AMAZING. I love her so much and I'm so thankful for her.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeez, you nailed it. Your mom is A-MA-ZING. I really admire her for so many reasons. She's strong, vibrant, selfless, knowledgeable and FUN! Yay Carol!!!!

Sounds like you guys had a blast there this week. Hope you got your running in! hehe :)

Phil and Alicia Hall said...

I absolutely love your post! Your mom really is an example to all of us and how we should be. Yes, she is amazing and talented and a woman of faith!
I don't know how she does all that she does, but it inspires me to want to do better. And helps me remember the truth behind the service we give is where true happiness is in life.

Denise said...

I couldn't agree more. She has been an inspiration to me for 20 years now. I admire her and hope to be like her some day and that is the truth!
We pray for all of you every day! Love you tons!

RoBiN said...

I absolutly LOVE your mother too Em! She is a wonderful example to everyone! You actually have a great family! Love ya cous!

Carol said...

Good Grief, Em, you made me cry! I can't even begin to tell you and Shelly how much I've appreciated your help all summer. I don't know what I would have done without you! Thanks for all the sweet things you said (and everyone else)! What a blessing to be surrounded by loving, caring family and friends I love you all!

Marshelle Gunnell said...

hi sis how sweet. I love going up to moms on modays too, love ya